Monday, October 2, 2017

October Goals

It is time to set some October goals! Since I finished my Sail Away! quilt, I can now refocus on my quilt using the orphaned 15 min of play blocks that I had finished the flimsy as part of my August goals. 
On Saturday (still officially September) this happened!
I found some time to sandwich this quilt and it is now ready to quilt! I'm not sure how to quilt it yet...should I match the thread colors to the blocks, use a variegated thread, or a neutral? What do I do in all the negative space? 
Decisions to be made! Ideas? 
My goal for October will be to make a final decision on the quilting and get it started. Bonus would be to finish!
I also have been working on a charity 2 color quilt. It is a basic bear claw block with lots of HST pieces. I found this technique that makes 18 2" finished HST and it really speeded up the process. 
Have you ever used this technique? It was new to me!
The papers did not come big enough for the large HST piece so I did these using a traditional technique.
October brings a new color for the Rainbow Scrap challenge and a new star for the Milky Way QAL. This month's color is pink and the star is called Sol. 
I am also keeping up fairly well with the Grandma's Kitchen weekly Sew Along. 
Here is last weeks block.
I'm linking up to One Monthly Goal October Link-up over at Elm Creek Quilts.
We are heading up North mid~week to experience the trees showing all their glorious Fall colors! It is such a beautiful time! Hope we have great weather!

2 comments:

  1. Great looking quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments