Friday, December 23, 2016

Last minute Christmas

It has been a tradition in my family for many years to make a home-made ornament to give to each family. I usually make more than one to try out which one will be my ornament of the year.
Here is this year's ornament.
I used wooden spools and buttons from my mom's collection. I wrapped the spools with colored paper, then overlaid it with musical note washi tape. The little snowy green bottle brush trees were decorated with red beads, a festival word and a star made from 2 sequins that I glued together. 
The button is on the bottom of the spool.
I also made this paper ornament from a pentagon shape. When you fold over the sides a star forms.
I then stamped a sweet little Christmas tree in gold. These are nice gift toppers that can be used as a ornament as well. 
I was so inspired by my creative blogger friend, Annie from Freeze Frame, by her beautiful money gift wrapping that I just needed to add some pizazz to my daughter's money gift. 
I used what I had in my craft room and hand cut the star and swirl. The letters are alphabet stickers and the Christmas saying was left from a photo collage kit. At times like this I wish I had a die cutter. 
It is by far the prettiest money gift wrapping I have done! 
Thanks for the inspiration Annie!
MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dawn, LOVE your money gift wrapping! I hope your daughter loves it too. I like your tradition to make homemade ornaments for your families. Your spool tree is adorable. The magically folded star is a fun ornament too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas ! I am a last minute mama : ) Today I should have been cleaning yet before I knew it this morning I was in my sewing room sewing a christmas pillow! I didn't do much for decorating this year and needed a little pick me up. Looks like lots of extra love to me at your house. I love handmade ornaments. Enjoy the love of the season. Janita

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments