Tuesday, September 13, 2016

What's Next?

When I finally finish a project, I ask myself what is next? 
Yesterday I put the last stitches to finish the binding on my modern black and white quilt I have been working on for a while. 
This is the quilt that was inspired by a ad I saw in a magazine in the spring for a bathing suit. I rustled with the original design that I drew up from the advertisement and set it aside for most of the summer. I deconstructed a bit of it to add more detail and now it is finished!
I renamed it Freedom of Expression. It has both some straight line quilting and FMQ. I took each section and practiced different quilting skills, many techniques from Lori Kennedy @ In Jaunt Box. 
The quilt is 53" x 62.5" ~ a good size lap quilt to snuggle under. 
The backing is a very busy black and white print that I bought for a different quilt but didn't end up using. Nice to use something from my stash!

I worked on a small remembrance quilt for a friend of mine that lost her mom in a car accident.

It is the size of a postcard. I found the paper pieced pattern here.

So you want to know what's next?
I sandwiched this quilt today...my pretty patchwork! Originally, I found this pattern over at The Painted Quilt. Kaaren called it ~ Stopped Me in my Tracks.

And I am going to join a quilt~along! I haven't done one in awhile but I really like this one! 
It is called MOD Bear Paw QAL over at Sewfreshquilts. Looks like FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet sentiments