Friday, June 3, 2016

On the First Day of Summer

School is Out! My summer vacation officially started! 
What do you think I did on my first day? 
You bet I spent a good few hours in my sewing room. 
I have a few more Little Blue Houses made.
I have started making these cute foxes using the Fancy Fox pattern by 
Elizabeth Hartman of Ohfransson. 
June is here and the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap challenge is aqua with a pop of lime green. Back in January, the color of the month was blue. I made several different shades of blue including this aqua block. So I will instead be working on a lime green block for this month. Stay tuned!
My garden is in bloom! Love my giant poppies!
and my purple lupines!
These tulips were a end of the year gift! So pretty!
I'd say a nice start to summer!

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments:

  1. I'd say it's a GREAT start to your summer fun. I love your little blue houses. I can't wait to see them all in a quilt. Those little red foxes are so sweet. Your garden is gorgeous. I've done nothing today. It is too hot here to even bother thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Summer Dawn. I can almost hear the big sigh of relief. Teachers work hard. Hope you have many more days in your sewing room this summer.... it is good therapy. : ) Looking forward to seeing more little blue houses!! Every time I see this fox quilt it reminds me of my granddaughter singing "What does a Fox say" I wonder if she would like a fox quilt? Looks like you are surrounding yourself with beauty ! Flowers have a calming effect on me. There has been very little sewing here on my rainbow blocks as outdoor projects have taken precedence. Trying to stay ahead of the weeds is not as much fun as sewing. Take care . Janita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice creative work! Love the poppies in your garden too. I wish I was skilled at either sewing or gardening :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your blue project! I did the same blocks for my RSC in 2014. It makes a great finish. Your orange foxes are fabulous too.

    Love the poppies too. Enjoy your summer. It will pass all too quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments