Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Finally Some Sunshine!

The weather here has been wet and dreary! 
Yesterday, we finally had some some sunshine and dry weather. 
Just what I've been waiting for so I could show you my next finish!
On April 12th, this was on my design wall.
By April 18th, I posted this picture to Instagram and Facebook. 
Ready to sandwich and quilt!
I finished quilting and binding the quilt on April 24th but by then, the rains and dreary weather was here and didn't stop until yesterday! 
I've been waiting so long to photograph this quilt. 
Doesn't it look pretty against the green grass and flowering tree?
I'm calling this quilt Diamonds in the Rough. 
Its finished size is 47 1/2" x 64 1/2".
The fabric is Origins by Basic Grey and the pattern is from the collection of patterns, Simply Sixties by Anka's Treasures. This pattern is called Staggered Diamonds. It feels good to have this finished as I purchased the pattern and fabrics quite a few years ago. 
The backing is a yellow print found in my stash. 
The machine quilting is straight line, showcasing the diamond shapes. 

While waiting for the weather to cooperate, I made a few more little blue houses and have been doing a bit of charity knitting.


That little pompom maker is quite addicting!

The color for May is evergreen. I'll be back with my Rainbow Scrap block!


1 comment:

  1. I really love your new quilt! The colors are so wonderful. I see several patterns in that design. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments